Pages

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Till Dirt Do Is Part Book Tour






Till Dirt Do Us Part by Teresa Trent
Cozy Mystery
Pecan Bayou #7
Approximately 219 pages

Synopsis

Not everything stays buried. When Betsy, a notorious brown thumb gets roped into a gardening contest sponsored by the Pecan Bayou Gazette, she finds herself digging up more than weeds. She is ridiculed by the garden club ladies, and now her heart breaks for a newly single mom whose world has just collapsed. The Happy Hinter is back so take some time to revisit the cozy little town Pecan Bayou, Texas. Grab a glass of sweet tea before you turn the dirt in the garden and sit a spell with all your favorite characters who dole out heartfelt caring and compassion with a side of humor. Till Dirt Do Us Part includes bonus recipes and helpful hints from Betsy’s column!

The book is FREE during the tour, so download your copy now!


Interview: 


1.) What inspired you to write this story?   Like Betsy, I’m a wanna-be gardener.  I don’t want to give you a spoiler, but there is another topic in this story that has always fascinated me. I have never been bullied by other gardeners like Betsy experiences in Till Dirt Do Us Part, but I have had my share of plants who need life support!

2.) How did you come up with your characters?  I have been writing this series since 2011 and Till Dirt Do Us Part is the seventh book that takes place in Pecan Bayou, Texas. All the characters have a little of me in them. Like Betsy, when my kids were growing up I was all about helpful hints and saving money. Aunt Maggie is the mother of a son with Down syndrome. I share that distinction, but Maggie is a combination of my own mother, me and the many parents of disabled children I’ve had the pleasure to know over the years. These moms and dads never give up and recognize the need to support one another. That’s what Maggie does for Betsy. Judd, Betsy’s father, has always been the actor Tom Skerritt in my mind. Lots of sass but loyal and caring. Danny, the young man with Down syndrome is higher functioning than my own son, but the stubborn part—that’s him. Rocky, the persistent newspaper editor, is so much fun to write. Where did he come from? The bowels of journalism? I don’t know, but he can be a scene stealer for sure.

3.) What do you like to drink while writing? Green tea sweetened with Stevia. 

4.) Were do you like to write your stories at any favorite places? I have an office in my home that I do most of my work. First draft I do at my desk, but from the second draft on I edit in a big comfy recliner with my dogs snoring on the rug.

5.) Do you have any upcoming new projects coming up? I will continue to write books for the Pecan Bayou and Henry Park series. I have a third series coming up in the future, but can’t say much right now!

My Review: 

This was my first read in this series and this author and I am definitely looking forward to going back to read from the beginning. I really enjoyed reading this story it was a fun read.

I loved Betsy she was my favorite character a every day mom that doesn't need anymore problems then what she already has. But after finding a body in the dirt that she ordered she didn't need this on her list.

A very well written story that I absolutely loved. This book is exactly why I love reading cozy mystery books. I definitely would recommend this book to cozy mystery fans. A great read that will take you on a fun journey.

I volutarly received a ARC of this book from Great Escape Book Tours to give an honest review. 

About the Author


Teresa Trent lives in Houston, Texas and is an award-winning mystery writer.  She writes the Pecan Bayou Mystery Series, is a regular contributor to the Happy Homicides Anthologies. Teresa is happy to add her Henry Park Mystery Series to her publishing credits with Color Me Dead, the first book in the series. Teresa has also won awards for her work in short stories where she loves to dabble in tales that are closer to the Twilight Zone than small town cozies. When Teresa isn’t writing, she is a full-time caregiver for her son and teaches preschoolers music part-time. Her favorite things include spending time with family and friends, waiting for brownies to come out of the oven, and of course, a good mystery.

Facebook * Twitter * Blog * Website


Tour Participants:
May 1 – Laura’s Interests – REVIEW
May 1 – Brooke Blogs – CHARACTER GUEST POST
May 1 – I Read What You Write – REVIEW
May 2 – A Blue Million Books – INTERVIEW
May 2 – Bookworm Cafe – REVIEW
May 2 – Babs Book Bistro – REVIEW
May 2 – A Holland Reads – CHARACTER GUEST POST
May 3 – The Pulp and Mystery Shelf – INTERVIEW
May 3 – Rainy Day Reviews – REVIEW
May 3 – Books,Dreams,Life –  REVIEW, INTERVIEW
May 3 – StoreyBook Reviews – GUEST POST
May 4 – Cassidy’s Bookshelves – SPOTLIGHT
May 4 – Sleuth Cafe – SPOTLIGHT
May 4 – The Self-Rescue Princess –  CHARACTER INTERVIEW
May 4 – Community Bookstop – REVIEW
May 5 – Valerie’s Musings – SPOTLIGHT
May 5 – Island Confidential – CHARACTER INTERVIEW
May 5 – Escape With Dollycas Into A Good Book – SPOTLIGHT




1 comments:

  1. Thanks for your wonderful review! I'm so glad you enjoyed Till Dirt Do Us Part and hope you'll read the rest of the series. Start with A Dash of Murder. It shows you what Betsy was like before she met Leo.

    ReplyDelete