An absorbing journey about riding the waves of life, overcoming childhood loss, and letting go of the mistakes that barricade us from our potential.
Genre: Sports Romance
Publication Date: June 21, 2016
Publication Date: June 21, 2016
A professional surfer struggles to reclaim the Championship when a travel writer is assigned to observe his journey between events. What seems like a dangerous diversion, both in and out of the water, forces him to accept that there's more missing from his life than another trophy.
When he won his first World Title at eighteen, they said he’d be the greatest professional surfer to ever compete. Fourteen years later, Dean "DeBaz" Bazner is inching towards retirement having never clinched another Title. This year he’s pushing limits to prove his beginning wasn’t a fluke, and it’s working. Until she comes along.
You don’t have to know anything about surfing for it to change your life. Travel writer Azure Thomas can attest to that. She was navigating the changing world of freelance journalism when she took this gig. She wasn’t prepared for a man that connects to her profound loss and sacrifices everything, except his soul, to live his dream. He’s more than a hot magazine cover, and surfing is more than a hobby. The dangerous diversion, in and out of the water, forces Dean to accept there's more missing from his life than another trophy.
Amongst tropical breezes, in the most beautiful locations on earth, CHASING SWELLS is an absorbing journey about riding the waves of life, overcoming childhood loss, and letting go of the mistakes that barricade us from our potential.
Loved it! A. L. Goulden knows how to keep you turning pages. The characters are fully developed and don't fall flat.
- aclaremont, Amazon Reviewer
Catching waves has never been sexier! This story is beautiful because you have a woman that is not confident doing a job where confidence is key to getting what you want and a guy who has all the confidence for both of them.
- The Book Fairy Reviews, Amazon Reviewer
WIN $10 AMAZON GIFT CARD
Contest runs from July 25 - August 7, 2017.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Top Ten Random Things I’ve Done
1. I spilled a drink on someone famous who deserved it
2. I drove around Ireland with a friend to find her an Irish husband.
3. I bungee jumped on my 18th birthday to “cure” my fear of heights. (Didn’t work)
4. I went to a secret sex club once that involved a map and a password.
5. I was in a photo on the front page of The New York Times. I was the asshole sent to save a massive amount of space for coworkers at a free concert in Central Park.
6. I only lasted one night going door to door for a clean water activist group in San Francisco. The amount of stairs and hills required was not for me.
7. I worked in a western clothing store in a mall one summer of high school to cover for a friend who had a surgery. It was a competitive commission job and I didn’t listen to country music, own a pair of Wranglers, or even know that ostrich boots were a real thing. It was all completely foreign to me.
8. I was in Low Rider magazine once with a guy I dated for only a month
9. I’ve gone to a club by myself and danced for hours.10. I spent the first 4th of July after 9-11 on the roof of Silvercup Studios in Queens, NY where I saw the most emotional, amazing fireworks display of my life.
About A.L. Goulden
A. L. Goulden has a BFA in Film Production from the Academy of Art University in San Francisco. Her love of a good story came way before college, but when numerous instructors and peers praised her dialogue she realized her creative writing hobby was a skill worth honing. Her 18 year career in interior design, production design and art direction for film and television have spun a unique perspective on visually emotional tales of relationships and the thread that ties all things together.
Official website: http://author-algoulden.com/index.html
Connect with A.L. Goulden on social media:
Book Tour Schedule
Follow the book tour from July 25 - August 7, 2017.
Discover more features, excerpts, reviews, interviews, fun facts and other extras on the tour.
To check the latest tour schedule, visit the Chasing Swells Book Page at Book Unleashed.
In partnership with